Cinderella and her big sis

Cinderella and her big sis

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Trader Joe's Bolognese Stuffed Ravioli

I love Trader Joe's!  Whenever I go there to shop, I always bring home more than what I went there to shop for.  The other day I went to buy a few salads and some yogurt for my daughter.  I walked past the refrigerated case and I saw that they had a new ravioli dish, Bolognese Stuffed Ravioli. I thought about buying it , but my family isn't really big into ravioli. I think because they don't like the ricotta that is usually found in them.  So the girls and I continued to shop. We made our way over to the "What's for Dinner?" cooking demo in the corner of the store to see what samples they were giving away.  Lo and behold, they were making this very ravioli!  It was delicious.  They had served it with  a drizzle of olive oil and some shaved Parmesan and Asiago cheese on top.  The ravioli is stuffed with a hearty meat sauce inside along with some Parmesan cheese. I decided to give it a whirl for dinner tonight.  

         I decided to add the Vodka Sauce to give it a little more kick!  It was amazing!  The best part is that my daughter asked to have a bowl of it for herself!  Now, I was a little bit nervous because there are only two servings per container and they were really meant for my husband and myself.  Lil is a very picky eater. She only eats Kraft Mac and Cheese, PB & J, ramen, and chicken nuggets. So I figured she wouldn't eat that much.  I asked her if she only wanted one ravioli and she said she wanted 5 (half the package)!  I seriously thought she would try one and be done. Guess what not only did she eat the whole bowl, but somewhere in her devouring of it, I heard her say "Num! Num!" There were even some dance moves created in between bites.

 I've decided to channel my Trader Joe's obsession and I have started writing product reviews for the website Cooking with Trader Joes.  You can read my reviews under my username Joddala.  This was brought on because I had been following the blog for awhile and they sent me an email with their latest promotion.
      "Tell your TJ favorites how much you love them. Post your reviews on our website, and we will reward you with a FREE TJ Cookbook. Here's how: post 20 reviews for either your favorite TJ products or TJ recipes, then send us an email (info@cookTJ.com) with your username, book request and mailing address. It's that easy!"  It is that easy and now I am addicted!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that she was doing dance moves between bites! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance moves between bites are always a good sign!

    ReplyDelete