Cinderella and her big sis

Cinderella and her big sis

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mommy Chores

Today, Lil and I were playing "Mommy," this is where we act out what I do with Cinderella every day.  Lil had us put Mickey and Minnie Mouse in their cribs to take a nap. Then she wanted to know that when she is at preschool what do I do with Cinderella after I put her down for a nap. I told her that one of the things I do is wash the dishes.  I asked her if she wanted to wash her dishes that go to her kitchen playset.  She was very excited to get started.  I filled a plastic tub with water and dish detergent to make it sudsy.  We took it outside with a sponge and a dishtowel.  Lil collected her pots, pans, and plastic dinnerware and put them in the tub. She was raring to go!











She is a true Virgo!  She sorts the dishes by color after she finishes drying them.
Eventually, when all the dishes were cleaned, Lil decided to go back inside the house and gather all of her pretend food and wash those as well.  We had a discussion about why we don't wash any of the cardboard box  food or plastic food with labels on them after one of the canned soup labels fell off in the tub.  We were washing dishes and food for at least an hour and a half  and that's when Cinderella woke up from her nap and decided she wanted to join us.

Cinderella got soaked!
She had a great time. I had to watch out that she didn't eat the sponge or any of the soapy food.
The fun lasted for awhile and then Lil left me cleaning up the rest of her play food while she sang and waited for our applause. Hopefully, I can get her to actually help clean the real dishes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment