Each activity needed to meet the following criteria:
- Self-contained. This way, you can just grab a bag and GO! (without having to add a number of supplies to the bag in order to make it useful.)
- Transportable. Yes, they will definitely be used at home,eventually, but she wanted moms to be able to grab a few bags to take to a restaurant, a waiting room, plane trips, car rides, etc.
- Convenient. None of the bags will have supplies that require major set-up or clean-up: (no paint, watercolors, liquids, sand, dirt, etc.)
- Inexpensive. She didn’t want anyone spending too much money on this project!
- Easy to Make: She didn’t want anyone spending hours and hours and hours making their activity.
- Re-usable. She wanted these activities to last a while so that other children can use them in the future. Therefore, she avoided activities where you would have to buy new supplies to re-stock the bag. This is why lamination is important for some of the activities.
I am excited to see what Busy Bags. I am going to be able to bring back for Cinderella's Big Sis to explore. I plan to keep her “Busy Bags” stashed away until our road trip in June to Napa for a wedding and then break a few more out for our trip to Hawaii in July. Hopefully these will be life savers! Obviously the sensory balloons will be for the road trip!